Before you can use and consume medical marijuana, you first apply for a medical marijuana identification card. You should fill up all forms of the Colorado medical marijuana forms including the Application for the Identification Card and Physician Certification Form which is filled up by the physician who recommended the treatment. You can contact the Medical Marijuana Registry if you have more inquiries. All pertinent documents and application forms should be complete otherwise it will be returned to the applicant.
Here is the step-by-step procedure for the identification card application:
1. The Colorado medical marijuana forms must be complete upon application.
2. You can pick a primary caregiver and put it on your application though you are not really obliged to do so. The caregiver will be the one responsible for the management of your well-being and must therefore be at least eighteen years old or older.
3. Next is to fill up the medical doctor information.
4. Affix your signature and the date of application.
5. Have your physician complete and sign the Physician Certification form. Licensed medical doctor can only sign this form in Colorado.
6. Give your complete application to the registry within the 60 days when the physician affixed his or her signature. Photocopy of valid ID specified by the registry should be presented upon application.
7. The application fee is $90.00 (non-refundable).
8. Send all your requirements to the Colorado Public Health and Environment Department.
Verification will be done within 30 days after the application has been filed. Once approved, you will be able to receive your identification card within 5 days after the verification.
Only one card will be given to each patient. The caregiver, if designated, will not be given any card. Be sure to keep a copy of the documents you submitted to the registry for future use or in case your identification card will be lost.